We are currently looking for…
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Events and the Board of Directors, this volunteer position will organize, plan and execute the Pride Pageant and the Leather Pageant for 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. The person will promote the Pageant and will emcee both Pageant. The volunteer will also organize and secure prizes for the pageant including and not limited to the following:
- A Tiara;
- A Crown; and
- Sashes for the winner in each category
for the Pride Pageant and will also secure various prizes for the Leather Pageant. Ensure excellent customer service and quality delivery.
Assisting with negotiations for space, contracts, and booking of event space, arrange for food and beverage, order supplies, ensure appropriate décor, (i.e.) linens, colour schemes, etc.
Other Qualifications for this position.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good communication skills, including written, oral and interpersonal;
- Ability to use computers, email and similar tools;
- Ability to get along with different people; and
- A passion and a sense of humour are a definite asset.