Calling all Drag Queen and King and in-between.
You want to be involved with the Gananoque 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. We are looking for Drag Queen and Drag Kind and in-between to compete in our Annual Festival. You must reside within 160 km radius of Gananoque, Ontario,or your hometown is within 160 km of Gananoque, Ont.
Deadline to apply is midnight May 28th, 2021
No fee to apply.
Great prizes for all winners
1000 Islands Pride, Inc is redefining its Pageant and will be renamed 1000 Islands Pride Pageant.
To be eligible to enter the Coronation of Mx. 1000 Islands Pride Inc., Ms. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc, and Mr. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. a contestant must be at least 19 years of age; live within 100 miles (160km) of Gananoque, Ontario; or his/her hometown is within 100 miles (160 Km) within the radius of Gananoque, Ontario. You must also identify yourself as a member of LGBTTQ2+ community and Allies.
Dates of Coronation:
The selected candidate in each category will be crown during the evening on Friday July 09th, 2020 at the Gananoque Inn and Spa 550 Stone Street South, Gananoque, Ontario K7G 2A8. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc will host a Meet and Greet on Friday July 09, 20201 from 5pm to 7pm at the Gananoque Inn and Spa. All eligible contestant(s) will be required to attend this event and meet the public in appropriate clothing for the event.
How to enter the Pageant:
In order to participate in the newly redesign pageant format, a contestant will submit a video of a minimum of three lip sync songs to include costume change on a USB or other appropriate format for viewing and also provide to 1000 Islands Pride, Inc a picture of him/her self not in costume; a picture wearing an evening gown, a picture wearing a one piece or two piece bathing suit and finally a picture wearing an outfit chosen by the contestant. An essay of no more than 1000 words explaining why you should be the winner and what you would do to promote 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. All pictures should be a good quality and from professional photographer or similar. Contestant should mail the video and pictures to 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. P.O. Box 345 Gananoque, Gananoque, Ont. K7G 2T8 and must be postmarked by midnight on May 28th, 2021. An impartial committee will review all the received information from every contestant(s) and a winner will be announced on Friday July 09th, 2021at the Coronation ceremony which will be held in Gananoque, Ontario.
Definition of 100 Miles Radius of Gananoque, Ontario:
Contestant must reside or have their hometown within 100 miles or 160km radius of Gananoque, Ontario. The radius is defined as follow:
East: includes Brockville, Ontario; Prescott, Ontario; Morrisburg, Ontario; Cornwall, Ontario; Ogdensburg, N.Y.; and Governeur, N.Y.
West: the radius includes Colborne, Ontario; Belleville, Ontario; Quinte West, Ontario; Picton, Ontario; Kingston, Ontario; Napanee, Ontario; Trenton, Ontario and Campbellford, Ontario.
North: includes Kaladar, Ontario; Cloyne, Ontario; Marmora, Ontario; Madoc, Ontario; Almonte, Ontario; Smith Falls, Ontario; Carleton Place, Ontario; Ottawa, Ontario; Arnprior, Ont;
South: includes Adams, N.Y.; Watertown, N.Y.; Boonville, N.Y.; Adams, N.Y.; Syracuse, N.Y.; and Parish, N.Y.
Mr. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. performers identify as a member of the LGBTQ2+ community and Allies and are portraying a male gender expression throughout the entire night of the pageant.
Ms. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. performers identify as a member of the LGBTQ2+ community and Allies and are portraying a female gender expression throughout the entire night of the pageant.
Mx. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. performers are not required to identify with the gender binary nor are they asked to portray a specified gender expression. Instead, they are encouraged to present themselves and perform the way they feel most comfortable.
There is no registration fee to enter this competition.
Rules and Regulations:
Judging will be conducted by the staff of 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. The scoring will be based on a total point accumulation system.
- No performer can hold the title of Mr., Ms. or Mx. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. for more than 2 consecutive years. Winners of these titles may compete after another performer has held the title for 1year.
- 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. will review all applications and select the winner in each category as follow:
- The use of or the dispensing of any illegal substances will not be tolerated and will be grounds for immediate removal from the pageant. Consumption of alcohol is limited to 2 drinks. The consumption of cannabis before or any other substance prior or during the coronation ceremony will result in removal from the competition if the contestant is deemed inebriated.
- Any contestant whose actions or comments are deemed demeaning or are deemed as offensive, such as racist, homophobic, transphobic or misogynist etc. to the title of Mr., Ms. or Mx. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc or to anyone else will be disqualified and immediately removed from the premises. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc does not tolerate any demeaning or racist comments from anyone.
- All contestants are required to remain at the coronation venue during the pageant.
- All contestants must agree to follow the standards of conduct for Contestants and Titleholders.
- All contestants for the title of Mr., Ms. and Mx. 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. must be willing to fulfill the Titleholder Mandate and, the runner-up must be willing to take over the responsibilities should the titleholder be unable for any reason to complete their reign.
- Please note that any breach in these regulations will result in your immediate disqualification from the pageant.
a. Review of the Lip sync or live songs; 50 points
b. Evening wear picture; 10 points
c. Bathing Suit pictures; 10 points
d. Chosen gown from contestant; 10 points
e. The essay written by the contestant; 20 points