Parade date: Saturday, July 11, 2020
Assembly location: Gananoque Secondary School,
175 WILLIAM ST, Gananoque, ON K7G 1S8
Setup time: 10 am
Start time: 11 am
Please see Parade Coordinator upon you arrival at the Elizabeth Street parking lot entrance of the Gananoque Secondary School, who will direct you to your line-up location.
Please – No pets will be allowed in the parade. The pavement is very hot and can hurt the animal’s paws. Be kind to your pet.
General Safety Rules
- All motorized parade floats and towing apparatus shall be provided with a minimum 2-A, 10BC
rated portable fire extinguisher that is readily accessible to the operator. The gauge must
indicate that the extinguisher has pressure. Do not cover the extinguisher with decorative
material to hide its location.
- Portable generators must be used carefully. Do not allow the heated exhaust to come into
contact with the parade float. Never re-fuel a generator while it is operating or while it is hot.
Store the fuel in an approved fuel container.
- Do not overload temporary electrical wiring. Secure all extension cords properly.
- The safety of the occupant(s) on the float is your responsibility. Make sure that the float is
- Be prepared. Identify hazards and plan your strategy should an unexpected event occur. Make
sure you or the driver is totally aware of the location of the Fire extinguisher in the event of a
- Have a safe parade day and enjoy. Happy Pride.