We are currently looking for…
Director of Events
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal to delivery.
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Managing supplier relationships.
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently.
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to your team.
- Travelling to on-site inspections and project managing events.
- Being responsible for all project budgets from start to finish.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery.
- Assisting with negotiations for space, contracts, and booking of event space, arrange for food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor, (i.e.) linens, color schemes, etc.
Duties will also include the gathering of information for each project to achieve the maximum quality event productions;
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and the various implementation process;
- Serve as liaison between vendors on event related matters;
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
If you have any of these qualities, you might just be the person 1000 Islands Pride, Inc. is looking for:
- Good communicator
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Good with budgets
- Reliable/good at hitting deadlines
- Ability to use initiative
Other Qualifications for this position.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good communication skills, including written, oral and interpersonal;
- Ability to use computers, email and similar tools;
- Ability to get along with different people; and
- A passion and a sense of humour are a definite asset.